Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Writing, YouTube changes..and baseball

Last night I watched Scooter Gennett hit four home runs in the Reds' 13-1 victory over the St. Louis Cardinals. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season, and seeing what this young man (and the rest of the team) can do.

I've been writing, writing, writing...


I've also uploaded some more chapters of THE EAVESDROPPER to my YouTube channel. More will soon follow, as will additional chapters of my coming-of-age supernatural thriller, 12 HOURS OF HALLOWEEN


*       *        *

And in the near future, there will be more short fiction, with a few changes. Let me explain:


Most of the short fiction I've published to date has been in 5,000- to 7,000-word range. (Long short stories, if you'll forgive the oxymoron.)

The problem when converting these longer short stories to YouTube is their length: A 7,000-word story can easily take an hour to read. That's a long march by YouTube standards. 


I'm presently developing some shorter tales, in the 1K- to 3K-word range, that can be read in less than 30 minutes. 


The majority of these will be genre stories: mystery, science fiction, horror, and fantasy--just like my previous short stories and novels. But they'll be shorter and sweeter, so to speak.




No comments: