Friday, May 19, 2017

The battle with the ghostly tree: conclusion

Reading #44 of 12 HOURS OF HALLOWEEN: In this episode, Jeff endures the last moments of his battle with the ghostly tree.

If you would like to listen to the rest of the available readings for 12 HOURS OF HALLOWEEN, please visit my YouTube channel.


Also keep in mind that the book is available on Amazon Kindle. 






I saw that Leah was looking up at some new development, and so I looked up, too. Against the moonlit sky, I could see several of the oak tree’s huge branches gradually bending downward, as if long-dormant and stiffened joints were being exerted into action. The bending motion was slow, and it was accompanied by much cracking overhead; but it was happening.
I had been in this spot too long already, I suddenly realized. Without so much as another glance at the tree, the newly exposed back yard, or the open gate, I bolted back in the direction of my friends...
I was halfway to Leah when I heard a particularly sharp series of cracks and a loud whooshing sound. 
“Jeff!” Leah screamed. “Duck!”