Monday, April 10, 2017

This week on YouTube

I'll be making lots of updates on my YouTube channel this week, including additional videos for Luk Thep: a horror novella, Blood Flats, and Lilith.

I'm also working on a short story format especially for YouTube/web syndication. This is already complete at the concept level, and I have several episodes fully planned. It is just a matter of getting it all done.

Why I am doing all this Internet storytelling? 

My belief is that authors should market themselves like rock bands. That is, we should make it possible for readers to sample our stories easily, and at zero cost. YouTube and other social media platforms make that possible.

Yes, I'll still be writing the occasional blog post about current events, etc. (Some of you have emailed me to say that you really enjoy those posts, and I appreciate the notes of encouragement.) 

But at the end of the day, the focus here will always be on stories. Blogging and essays are fun diversions, but they represent side dishes, not the main course.