Thursday, January 5, 2017

What's coming down the pike this month...

Hello, everyone. I hope you're all having a Happy New Year so far. 

I woke up this morning with a mild cold, and the first accumulating snowfall of the year in Cincinnati. Other than that, all is well, thank you.

The intrepid writer's view from the safety of the kitchen...


Anyway, here are some of the things I have in store for you this month:

  • A supernatural-thriller novella set in Thailand: More details to follow, including a shot of the cover art. 
  • More short story videos on my YouTube channel. I recently posted the video for "The Vampires of Wallachia". There are others already in development. These include videos for previously published short fiction, as well as brand-new short fiction. There will be at least two more short story video adaptations on YouTube this month.
  • Lots of mystery, sci-fi, fantasy, and horror short stories. Unless I get hit by the proverbial bus, 2017 will be a big year for short stories. I haven't written many short stories since 2010; and I've been working my way through my "idea file" for short fiction. I plan to release another collection this summer. 


And that's just January. Twenty-seventeen is off to a pretty decent start. Now, if I could only get rid of this cold.