Sunday, July 20, 2014

A 1970s musical interlude (mailbag)

In the comments thread of an earlier post about 1980s rock music, regular commenter Brian writes:


"I'm amazed at how KISS is still around touring and producing new albums. I had never heard of them until the movie Detroit Rock City came out, but then I was hooked for a long time. I saw one their Farewell Tour concerts on TV back in 2000 or 2001. It was wonderful to see the original lineup and they definitely put on a spectacular show."
KISS was everywhere in the late 1970s. Some of my 4th and 5th grade friends even had KISS lunch boxes--which were all the rage for the cool nine and ten year-old set. 

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that Brian doesn't remember the release of the KISS album Love Gun in 1977. It went platinum the same year.

The title track is the best one in my opinion.