Monday, October 7, 2013

The conservatives' reading list

From my YouTube channel:

A viewer there recently asked what reading resources I recommend to conservatives (and aspiring conservatives).

I've previously noted that it's necessary to distinguish between the conservative satirists (i.e. Rush Limbaugh, etc.) and the serious conservative analysts. (Rush Limbaugh was highly amusing and enjoyable back in 1988, when everyone--himself included--realized that he was "just an entertainer". Problems arose when he and others began to take him and his act seriously.) 

I don't watch Fox much, not because I believe hysterical, sophomoric slogans like "Fox is fascist! Baaa!"--but because I generally don't watch much television. I'm a books-and-Internet man, for the most part. 

That having been said, my starter reading list for conservatives includes:

Niall Ferguson
Thomas Sowell
The Weekly Standard
National Review

Watch the video for a few more...

  

No comments:

Post a Comment